Saturday, January 17, 2015

#thingsPeterJacksonmissed

I would like to clear up some of the confusion I have encountered since embarking on my epic journey of #‎thingsPeterJacksonmissed‬ . Here goes:
1. I love the books. And I love the movies.
2. I love the books more than the movies.
3. I understand (although not from experience), that it is difficult to adapt a book into a film and that certain things need to be left out or changed. 
4. I understand (but am totally frustrated by), the fact that the media caters to our culture (hence Kili and Tauriel).
5. I often have a hard time discussing LOTR with others since my thoughts get confused and all that comes out of my mouth is a jumble of excitement and complaints.
Therefore, I decided to read through the books (just LOTR...I wouldn't attempt The Hobbit), and tweet all my frustrations. This once, I am going to let everyone know what I think. I have begun to qualify them as I tweet. There are five levels of anger I have to choose from:
The first two really mean that
1. I understand why they were omitted and/or changed
2. I can do without.
The last three speak for themselves, I believe. But just in case...
1. I think they are essential to the plot
2. The movie version was stupid/annoying/disrespectful to Tolkien's amazing epic
3. They might not have been necessary to the plot, but give so much more depth to the world and tale as a whole.
I hope this helps ya'll understand where I'm coming from with this project (yes, I've been planning this since September...), and what my goals are. I mean, mostly I just want to get it all off my mind so that if someone asks me what my frustrations are, I can point them to the hashtag. smile emoticon So, I hope you enjoy the rest. Believe me, there are many more to come...
Namaarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment