Sunday, January 18, 2015

Edit, edit, edit

Today I begin a long journey. Or, rather, I should say that I will begin the second part of a long journey. This is it. Here is where it starts. Today is the day I begin editing my novel. 

Over the past two years, I have written a novella retelling the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast. Currently my word count is a little over 40,000 words and I have 20 chapters (and an epilogue). As someone who has never competed a full story before, I have been overwhelmed with the thought of editing my book. However, several of my friends have written books in the past year and are currently in the editing process. If they can do it, so can I. Right?


I don't especially have any particular goals for this blog...if you stick around to read it, I will most likely be hashing out my frustrations, elation, and overall experience of editing my own book. So let's get to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment