Sunday, September 13, 2015

Alive and Well

I survived the 3 Day Novel Contest. At times I wasn't sure that I would, but I did. Here's the journal my friends and I kept. We went a bit insane...but it was fun.

I managed to write the entire novel I had planned out, based on the outline I made. This was a learning year for me; the story I wrote was a plot that I had mulled over for over five years, and my goal was to get the entire plot down, regardless of the quality of my writing. Too often I spend hours agonizing over making sure my writing is perfect; this year for the 3DNC I wanted to write a complete, if rough, first draft. I accomplished that. The first draft of Demae's Story (working title), is 24,800 words, about half of what I would like it to end up being. 

Now that the 3DNC is over, I plan to leave Demae's Story for at least six months before starting to revise and edit for a second draft. In the meantime, I will be sending more queries for Dragonhoard. It feels like a never-ending process. It probably is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment